Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Shopping!

I'm letting myself spend two days shopping for my classroom. Today, I tackled Target and AC Moore. Who knows what tomorrow will bring. I'm on a budget. I'll explain.

I grew up, went to high school, and went to college in Pennsylvania. After graduating college, like many education majors, I had a tough time finding a job. I applied everywhere within a 45 minute radius so that I could live at home for a year or two, that way I could save money. Had a few interviews, but nothing stuck. Summer came to an end, still no job. Being impatient, I began searching in a neighboring state. The stars aligned, and I was a late hire for the 2009-2010 school year in a position I wasn't 100% stoked for, but it got my foot in the door. Last year I was moved to 3rd grade, which is right in the range I want to be.
I am so thankful for the opportunity. I'm blessed to be in a school with a supportive staff, and I have made irreplaceable friends. With that being said, money is tight. Being thrust out on my own with not much money is stressful. It is very hard to justify spending so much money on classroom decorations and extras when I buy the necessities with little left to save. I'm looking forward to going back to school, eventually purchasing a home, etc, and I currently have rent, utilities, and loans to pay for. I have enough to get by, don't get me wrong, but I definitely can't deck out my classroom like I'd like to! I see all of these beautiful classrooms on these blogs, and I hope I can recreate my classroom in a DIY way with limited funds!

With that being said, I've started crafting a few things, and I can't wait to post my first blog pictures! Stay tuned! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment