Monday, February 20, 2012

WHERE IS THE SNOW?

Disclaimer: I should not complain about this. I hate snow. Snow seems like a harmless target. Can't hurt snow's feelings, right?

Okay, I'll complain about ONE more thing: The fact that my online grade book program thingy isn't working on my home computer. So I need to go in early tomorrow to input comments for interims. I was trying to be finished early & ahead of the game, so of course something had to go wrong. OF COURSE.

Ugh. I'm glad I'm not the only teacher feeling the strain/stress/exhaustion at this point in the year. Thanks blog land for reminding me that it is okay for me to feel like this, and I'm not alone. A lot of people put on a happy face and look at you like you're crazy when you're being a downer. But not you, blog friends. You listen, leave thoughtful comments, and reassure me that although it is tough right now, it will get better. And I thank you for that!

Anyway, I had a random two hour fog delay on Friday. Fog. In February! My kids were insane. Don't really want to get into it. Tomorrow is a new day/week.

So much Seuss stuff going on right now. Yikes. And copyright drama! I was thinking about making something, but I'm not getting involved. How sad is that? I've found tons of fun stuff though, and I can't wait to share it with my students! I also signed up for a school activity on the 3rd which celebrates Seuss. I don't remember signing up for it. And even if I did, I certainly wouldn't have signed up for it if I would have known it started at 8:30am on a Saturday! But I'm going, and it'll be fun. I gave my grade level chair a craft I found on Pinterest that we are going to do!

No fancy pictures or anything new to report! I'm starting Persuasive Writing this week, and we've just begun fractions. Meaty stuff! Any resources you guys can throw my way would be fantastic!

Must go to bed. I have something called work tomorrow. So quickly you forget when you're knee deep in a three day weekend!

1 comment:

  1. I agree that it is so nice to have bloggy-world in which to complain or vent or whatever {all while gathering awesome ideas}

    - Lisa
    a teachers bag of tricks

    ReplyDelete