Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Snookie "Waaaaaah"

Cue my best impersonation of Snookie's waaaaaaaah.

Ugh Ugh Ugh.

I was braaaagging at school recently. My first two years, I felt like I was sick all the time. Head cold here, sinus infection around every corner, my allergies were killing me everyday, no matter the season. One day, my eye even swelled shut. Yep. But this year, I had a great winter and early spring. I've only taken one sick day.

I'm a sick day hoarder, inspired by advice from my first friend at work!

Then today, boom. Woke up, and I felt like I got hit by a car. My entire head was congested, even after my daily, half an hour shower experience [I've already told you I'm a water waster, I'm sorry.] So, I texted my work bff, who has enough to do every morning anyway, and I sent her some plans and copies. I've done it for her, but I always feel so guilty.

I feel guilty for taking sick days, period. I feel guilty that my administration has to find a sub, I feel guilty that work friend has to run around for me, I feel guilty that a substitute has to deal with my crazy bunch, I feel guilty that my students don't get their real teacher. Does anyone else feel this way? Or am I crazy?

4 comments:

  1. Nope! I also feel super guilty all the time. I've only taken 2 sick days this whole year and I get 10 so I shouldn't feel THAT bad but I still do. I just sit here and worry all day, too, that my class is being a bunch of crazy people!!

    Marvelous Multiagers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES! I'm also guilty of checking my work email from home on those days, just to see if any fires have started while I was away. Feel better!!

    Christi ツ
    Ms. Fultz’s Corner

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you start feeling better soon!..... I too feel exactly the same way about missing school. It's tough. Take Care!

    Krista
    stellar-students

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm right there with ya!! I also check my work email to make sure there's nothing going on!! I especially feel guilty having other people do what I consider "my work". Hi, my name is Tammy, and I'm a sick day hoarder...

    Hope you feel better soon!

    Tammy
    Confessions of a Fourth Grade Teacher

    ReplyDelete