Wednesday, July 25, 2012

GIMP

Just popping in to ask a question. I'll preface this by saying I'm going through some personal stuff right now, and I'm trying to keep my mind off of it by keeping busy.

I've recently been downloading freebie scrapbooking kits and messing around with making blogger backgrounds. They aren't cute yet, because I'm still learning! I hope, once I get the hang of it, to purchase a cute kit and make my own layout from scratch. Kind of taking it a step further than my last makeover.

Anyway, the question is..


Do any of you use the program GIMP?


I'm slowly, but surely, getting used to the program. I'm figuring out how to manipulate layers, resize things, etc. It is reaaaaally frustrating, but it is starting to get fun! [I don't want to pay for a program, and I heard about this program from A Turn to Learn. I think I've read that you make backgrounds on Powerpoint, but I don't have that, either.]


What I can't figure out is how to get my not cute background to upload to blogger without the file being too large. I merge all the layers together, make sure everything is on the same size image thingy, and export it as a png (and I've tried JPEG). But, no matter what, blogger doesn't let me upload it, and it says the file is too large. Am I missing an easy step here? Or am I in waaaayyy over my head?


Does anyone have any suggestions?

Not much else to chit-chat about. My personal life is sort of imploding on me right now, so the giveaway/monday made-its/everything else is going to be put on hold until my spirits are lifted.

5 comments:

  1. Try uploading the file to photobucket or another picture webhosting site. This link http://www.blogdesignsbydani.com/search/label/Design%20Secrets , has great tutorials on how to do stuff for blogger and how to upload to your blog. Hope this helps!

    :) Kaitlyn
    Smiles and Sunshine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry,

      Try this link: http://www.blogdesignsbydani.com/p/design-it-myself.html

      She has lots of great stuff to help.

      :) Kaitlyn
      Smiles and Sunshine

      Delete
  2. I'm still a newbie so I can't help you with your blog but I did want to say I hope things get better for you!

    Christine
    Tales From Rm 17!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a tutorial on my Blog Baby Blog page that shows how to create a header, resize it, and add it to Blogger by using Pixlr. Hope it helps!

    Megan
    I Teach. What's Your Super Power?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't have tech tips, but I do hope everything gets better soon! Let me know if you need to vent to someone completely outside the situation- I don't mind, and it sounds like things are rough!

    Thinking of you!
    Jenny
    Luckeyfrog's Lilypad

    ReplyDelete