Monday, July 16, 2012

Made It Monday.. Dog Edition

Linking up with Tara! Has to be quick though. I'm dog sitting this little monster..



This is my neighbor's dog. They're only on vacation for a couple days and will be back tomorrow afternoon. He's super cute, and he's only a few months old. With the puppiness comes craziness, so I've been playing with him non-stop, except for his sporadic 20 minute naps throughout the day! Anyway, he's snoozing right now, so I'm going to quickly link up. 

In my last post, I said that I was waiting for a poster to come in from Vistaprint, and it arrived today. So instead of finishing the other 4 projects that I've started, I decided to do this one since it was pretty straightforward! I wanted to make a "ticket out the door" poster. This happens to be the one that I pinned a while ago, but I've seen a ton. [I love the paw print one that I saw from Amanda over at the Teaching Thief!]




                                                                         Source: cherylsclassroomtips.com via Meg on Pinterest



Here's what the poster looked like before the makeover.



It is a medium sized poster, and this is one of the templates. The only thing I customized was the title, which reads "Post Your Knowledge Here." And here is the after!


Love Love Love how it turned out! This will be so much better than collecting the post its or having them stick post-its to the white board! Everyone will have their own space! Right now there are 20 on my list, and since I've been at the school I haven't had more than 23 in my class at one time. If my class list spikes this year or in future years, there is room for another row of numbers on the bottom. I hope I don't have to add anything though! 

All I did was print out the numbers 1-23 on plain computer paper and cut them out. Then, I glued them on! I used the font Janda Manatee Bubble! If you wanted the numbers to be black, you can use Janda Manatee Solid. Google and collect these fonts-- I love them! I'll laminate it at the beginning of the year! Here are a couple more close ups...



Can't wait to look at the other link-ups once the pup is ready for his next nap!


Oh! Random notes! Ya know how I've complained about my Dollar Tree & Target NEVER having the cute stuff I see on other blogs? Well, my Target came through for me, and I picked up a bunch of Seuss stuff and a couple pocket charts that I've seen other people buy! Finally! Annnd, I'm only 2 followers away from 200, and my birthday is a week away! Hoping for a giveaway!

11 comments:

  1. I love your poster! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The poster looks fabulous! Thanks for sharing. Congratulations on almost 200 followers!

    Krista
    stellar-students

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Meghan:
    Even though you are on my blog roll, somehow I wasn't an "official" follower. You are now at 200! Congrats! And happy almost-Birthday too!

    Kim
    Finding JOY in 6th Grade

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like this idea and am thinking about making my own version to fit in with my colors this year. Thanks for sharing!
    Also - too funny about having to quickly blog during the dog's nap!
    Diane
    schoolhousetreasures

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the "Post Your Knowledge" poster! Thank you for sharing. I just started blogging and am your newest follower! Congrats on over 200!!
    ~Holly
    Fourth Grade Flipper

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your poster turned out so cute! I made the paw print one, so thanks for the shout out. I've seen so many cute ones since then I am already ready to redo, hehe! I especially like your tag line; it feels so sophisticated. Good luck with the puppysitting.

    Amanda
    The Teaching Thief

    ReplyDelete
  7. I did an exit ticket poster for my monday made it too! Yours turned out adorable! Definitely downloading that font you mentioned. It's super cute!

    Amanda
    redseventeen@gmail.com
    Reaching for the TOP!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay for the Made It Monday linky party! I think your poster turned out great!! Thanks for sharing this idea and the font recommendation - always on the lookout for cute fonts.
    Your newest follower :),
    Antonia @ forkin4th

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic idea! And the puppy is too cute. He looks like my sweetie...is he a Shih Tzu?

    Patti
    One Class, One Sound

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your knowledge post it board:) It did turn out super cute!!!! Thanks for linking up! That puppy your sitting is so cute!

    4th Grade Frolics

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your post-it board turned out great! Thanks for the heads up on the fonts, too. They are fantastic!

    Kara
    Spedventures

    ReplyDelete