Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Summer's no fun....

when you're the only person off!

I AM NOT complaining about summer. Trust me. I'm totally fine veg-ing out everyday and rarely wearing anything but sweats. But I have no children. I have no teacher-husband. I have no teacher-friends [who I hang with on a regular basis]. No pets [of my own]. Everyone can hang after 6pm, but they are all tired from work [don't blame them!]

I'm a certified loner! Waaaah.

So I sleep in. Craft. Watch TV. Repeat. I think I'm going to go back to working next summer. Summer school is probably not an option. It is pretty competitive to get hired in my district, I think. I don't really want to work with kids in the summer, anyway. I need my break! I loved working at my summer camp, but I don't think I'm gonna go back there. I'm thinking somewhere part time? I'll also be taking one class per session from now until 2014, so that's something to think about, too.

Aside from summer school, do any of you work during the summer? I know a lot of you have families to take care of & such, but I'm just wonder if there's anyone out there in my position.

Well, the puppy just got picked up. Wow. It is so quiet in here.

A few other things!


A couple of bloggers graciously gave me the Versatile blogger award! Thank you, ladies!

First is Dani at A Place to Thrive. She is a second year, 4th grade teacher. She has a ton of great things to say, so why don't you head over and check her out!?

The next blogger is Jillian at Little Miss Whimsical. She is a third year, 3rd grade teacher. She has a great product in her TN shop that focuses on multiples.

I won a giveaway! Amy over at 3 Teacher Chicks was giving away her word study unit. Go check out the post and see what you think about it! Her button will take you to her blog, and clicking the link above will take you to her post!
3 Teacher Chicks

Sorry for the quick and random post! I hope I feel like posting about school sometime soon. I'm really just not feeling it yet!

3 comments:

  1. I hear ya! I don't have kids either and my husband works all day (obviously) and all the fabulous people I work with are older with families of their own. I'm a certified loner too. I do have a dog, but he just konks out on the floor and sleeps all day. Thank goodness for blogs and crafts. :)

    Amanda
    The Teaching Thief

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have 3 kids but most of my friends work during the summer so I do things with the kids but not with adults my age!!! I honestly wish I had more time to blogstalk but I am on here an absurd amount of time anyway!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAHA. I too am a certified loner who sits around and eats all day. This was the first summer I didn't work!! I usually go and bartend or waitress somewhere. The hours are long so i wouldn't mind being a vegetable all day. This summer though, I'd wake up early and be completely bored out of my mind by the time my BF came home from work. Unfortunately, my summer is officially over this coming Monday..and I wish I had longer to veg out! lol. Please enjoy the rest of your summer for me!!
    Courtney
    Teaching in Paradise

    ReplyDelete