Thursday, July 5, 2012

Thursday Made It!

As promised in my last post, I am back with what I made this week.

Before I roll with that, a few several things of note I'd like to share!

I've made an email address for my blog. You can now reach me at firststateteacher@yahoo.com! I've changed my email icon's link on my right sidebar to reflect this. This is so much better than having a bunch of stuff sent to my personal email.

I'm almost at 10,000 page views! Seems pretty insufficient compared to friends with hundreds of thousands of views, but I'm happy! I didn't start this blog in search of bazillions of follower/page views, and I still feel the same. I'm just happy people like what I write and the few things I've shared. I'm still not in school mode, and I'm not going to force it. I hope to start sharing some school things in August!

Speaking of followers, I'm less than 20 peeps from 200! And my blog-a-versary is about a month away! I would love to reach 200 followers and 10,000 page views by August 9th! We could have a celebration!


I got a new cell phone. I'm reaaaaally resistant to new cell phones. I am not the kind of person who upgrades as soon as its available or as soon as something new comes out. I use cell phones until they break. Actually, I use cell phones weeks after they break and I'm out of denial. It was so bad that when my last one broke [my favoritest cell phone, a samsung slide phone. See? I don't even know what the name of it was.], I borrowed my boyfriends old blackberry because I wasn't ready to commit to a new one! Ay yi yi. I'm the same way with laptops. I have no patience! Well, here's what I have now!


Samsun Galaxy Skyrocket 2 [or something like that]




I actually like it! It is my first smart phone! And first real touch screen! Does anyone else have it? Anyone have any suggestions on fun apps I can download!?

Last thing, I finally ordered my teacher's toolbox from Amazon! I really want to have this made by next week's Monday Made It! Let's see if I can make it happen!



Alright, now that you've listened to me jibber jabber, here's my Made It! Lots of people have made these birthday balloons, but I thought they were really cute and practical.




To make these, I printed my template on colored paper and cut it out. I glued the front onto a piece of pretty cardstock, then cut around the cardstock so it is more like a border. I flipped it over and glued the back. [On the back, I will write a student's name and their birthday.] I used ribbon to tie the balloon to the pretty straw [pack of 20 for $2 in Target's party section!], and reinforced it with a dab of glue! Ba-da-bing, you're finished!




Feel free to grab my template below! I usually used Scribd, but I'm trying google docs. If this doesn't work, let me know and I'll fix! =) The birthday graphic is KPM doodles.

5 comments:

  1. For some reason, when I get a new phone, I always feel really guilty not using the old one anymore. I don't know why... maybe it's Toy Story syndrome or something, haha!

    Marvelous Multiagers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute birthday straws! Those straws are really cute. Haven't seen them:)) Thanks for linking up:) Hope you toolbox comes in in time for you to link up next week:)))

    4th Grade Frolics

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the straws! Very cute balloons.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think this is such a sweet idea. I think my students would feel so special to receive a birthday balloon. I had no problem downloading- Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your balloons. How cute! You also found really cute straws. I just blogged about birthday gifts for next year also. I am pinning this idea away for the following year! :) Thanks for sharing


    Delighted in Second
    Hope you will join my $20 TPT gift certificate giveaway!

    ReplyDelete