Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Vista Print Loot

So I was one of those people who bought the 17 for 70 groupon for Vista Print a few weeks ago. Problem was, a lot of the "free" deals disappeared when you entered that code. And, the groupon money can't be used for the shipping. So as you're filling your cart with 70 bucks worth of stuff for 17 bucks, your shipping is getting higher and higher. If you spent 30 dollars over the groupon, you got free shipping.

So with all of that being said, I'm not sure that I'll do that groupon again. It was all so confusing!

Anyway, here is my loot!


Upon closer review, here it is! I will apoligize in advance for all of the scrap paper cover ups of my name! =)

1. Four Small Rubber Stamps. It is mandatory that we follow the school's behavior system, so our clip chart has four colors. At the end of the day, I "check out" with the students. To be consistant, I [or teamie] will stamp every planner with their color. Of course, if a extra note is necessary, it will be written as well. But we all know those days where you are in a huge rush to get the kids out because you neeeeeded to let them finish that science experiment! I feel like the stamps will work well! Have any of you ordered these stamps? How do they hold up?


2. Two Personalized Notebooks. These are like, half size notebooks, which I didn't realize when I ordered, but they turned out adorbz!

3. Labels. I ordered two sets of return labels to label the books that both I and my team teacher bought using our own money, that we would ultimately be able to take with us wherever we go. I was just writing my last name in them, but this is obv much more cute! The pink ones [that look red] are for my books, and the green are for teamie!


4. My Bag & Personalized Note Pad. How stinkin' cute is the bag! Now, it is apparent that all of the stuff I lug back and forth to school which never leaves my work bag, will not fit in here. But this is cute for field trips and such, right? Love. And like I need another notepad, right? But I couldn't help it!


5. Window Cling. You'll probably recognize the subway art from pinterest. I'll be hanging this on the window portion of my door, at least at first. If it doesn't look right, I'll move it to the actual window.


6. Business Cards. I obviously won't be using these as business cards, though. I saw this idea on pinterest, but I didn't pin it, so if it is your original idea, I'd be happy to give you credit. I plan on purchasing scratch off tickets from Tonya's store. There will be a lot of possible prizes, two of which will be homework free night and a half homework night. They will need to attach these to their homework before turning it in. Because the odds of picking these prizes will only be like 2 out of 15, and they only will get a scratch card if they reach the highest behavior level, I don't think it'll do a disservice to their education. =)


7. Not pictured-- A medium poster that didn't come with my order. How annoying! I just chit chatted with a customer service rep, who said she'd reorder it & send it out ASAP, without extra charge. Psh, yeah, I'd hope there'd be no extra charge! Anyway, it is a poster that I'm going to use for the kids to stick their exit slips post its on. I'm going to be adding numbers to it so they know where to put their post its. Hopefully that will be a future Monday Made It!

Did any of you use the Groupon? What kind of stuff did you get?! I'm always looking for new ideas!

[[ Update: I am linking this post with Christina at Bunting, Books, & Bainbridge. Head over & check out some more ideas in her Linky Party!. You have just enough time to get some stuff in before the school year starts! =) ]]


7 comments:

  1. Yeah I wasn't too thrilled with that either. I thought that it might be cheaper to just do an email offer where some of the supplies are free. Next time I'm not sure if I'll go that route either.
    Lisa
    Learning Is Something to Treasure

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got my things from that deal today and everything turned out great, but like you said it was a real hassle that I probably won't take part of again.

    The Science Penguin

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your stuff!!!!! I really need to put in my order for this year. I am going through withdrawls I think.

    ~Stephanie
    Teaching in Room 6

    ReplyDelete
  4. I placed my order the other day. How long did your items take to arrive? Stop by and see what I purchased.

    Patti
    One Class, One Sound

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am nominating you for the Versatile Blogger award!

    -Dani
    A Place to Thrive

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your vistaprint stuff!


    I did the vistaprint groupon deal too and I didn't feel it was as good as it sounded.

    ReplyDelete