Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Subject Poster Freebie

I wanted to let you know that I uploaded a new freebie to my TPT store! 

I'm toying around with ways that I'd like to display my essential questions in my classroom. Last year, I dedicated a whole bulletin board to them. I would write the EQs on sentence strips and change them out by stapling them. It was in the front of the classroom, and the sentence strips were large, so they were easily viewed by everyone. 

This year, I'm not sure I want to use that bulletin board for that purpose. So I'm trying to think of ways to display this mandatory element in my classroom so that everyone can see it, and also in a way that is easy to maintain.

I made these pages as an option. I was thinking I could maybe enlarge them a bit and laminate so I can erase/rewrite?

[What I reaaaaally wanted to do was get them made on Vistaprint as large car magnets, but that would be a little waaay more than I want to spend. Especially since I've spent so much already!]

So anyway, click the image to see and download the freebie! The PDF includes a sign for Reading, Writing, Math, Science, and Social Studies. If you need something else, shoot me and email, and I'll whip it up for ya!



How do you display essential questions/standards/objectives so that they are easily seen and maintained?


/////////Reminder that my giveaway will end tomorrow at midnight! If I have 250 followers by then [only need 7 more], I will pick a third winner from the comments! Please spread the word if you have a second!/////////

Also-- I'm currently watching E! Investigates: Bullying: Celebs Speak Out. Wow, what a powerful program. If I were already a school counselor in a middle to high school setting, I would use this special as a tool.

3 comments:

  1. These are so cute! I was looking for a way to display my "standards' that would not take up so much room. Thanks or sharing:)

    debinderry@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are really cute! Fro displaying them, you could laminate or slip them into page protectors and write on them with vis a vis markers (I find they erase better than dry erase).

    :)Kaitlyn
    Smiles and Sunshine

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found your blog from a link at Fun in Room 4B. I love teaching third and became a follower. Your signs are really cute. I wish I could help with your question about displaying standards. I'm at a Catholic school and we're not currently required to do that.

    ReplyDelete