Thursday, July 4, 2013

Let's Get Acquainted!

Seriously, how cute is this linky? I've seen so many people post, I had to join in on the fun. Plus, I hope that I have some new friends who may have stumbled upon the ol' blog through blog lovin'.


So, this week, you had to choose three topics from the tic-tac-toe board to talk about in your post! Here's what I chose:

#1. I attended Lock Haven University. It is a small school located in central PA. If people ask where it is, my typical response is, "about a half an hour from state college [Penn State]." That usually does the trick. It is a small school, which fits my personality. It's about three and a half hour from where I grew up, so it was far away from home, but not TOO far away!

As for the second part of the question, I don't think I could pick one memory. My favorite memory of college was my experience as a sister of Zeta Tau Alpha. It taught me how to be a leader and work with others, and it allowed me to participate in tons of community service and social activities. I'll spare you the silly sorority pics, though! =)

#2. My favorite subject to teach is math, math, MATH! I could teach math all day. I can so easily integrate every other subject area, and there are so many ways to get the kids excited about the content. It stems from the fact that I've always been a math kid, not necessarily a reading kid. 

I did my student teaching in a fifth grade classroom, and I loved that content so much. Third grade is great, too, because you are both setting the foundation and exploring more complex topics. I got certified to teach middle school math, even though big kids kinda scare me. My love for math works out great because I take the lead in math, science, and writing in my TAM classroom, and my partner leads reading and social studies. If you don't yet, you should follow my math pinterest board by clicking the link in the top right hand corner of my blog.

I'm a pinning wild woman.

#3. My dreaaaam vacation? Well, last spring break I went to Jamaica over spring break for a couple days. It was beautiful! But, funds only allowed me to go for a few days, it ended up raining for one of them, aaand I went with my ex. So for my dream vacation, I'd love to go somewhere tropical, for a week or so, with someone new! Buuuuut I'd also love to sightsee in Europe. I've been to Ireland, but I'd love to explore Italy or Greece! As far as a dream vacation goes, though, with no expectations, I think I'd like to sit pool or ocean side with a yummy drink.

Head over to Flying into First Grade and link up! =)

Talk soon!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Meghan! I love teaching math too! Thanks for stopping by my blog! I'm your newest follower :)

    ✿Sue✿
    Science for Kids Blog

    ReplyDelete