Wednesday, August 6, 2014

What I Bought!

Did you take advantage of the Teachers Pay Teachers sale? I put my store (my tiny store!) on sale for the event, and I want to say thank you to anyone who purchased any of my items. Please let me know how they work for you!

Now, what did I buy? I'm glad you asked because I made a snazzy graphic.


I mentioned that I will be teaching the accelerated class in third grade this year. In other words, I have the highest achieving students in my room. Aside from literally "accelerating," I clearly want to up the rigor and introduce higher level skills and concepts. To do that, I purchased:

Blogging Literature Circles by Where the Wild Things Learn
Mentor Sentences by Jivey
Root of the Week by The Brown Bag Teacher
Morphology Dictionary by Ladybugs Teacher Files

My room doesn't have a theme, just a color scheme. I love brights on black. To update my decor, I purchased:

Desire to Inspire Subway Art by Hope King
Simple Iconic Library Labels by Ladybugs Teacher Files

I also purchased Math Homework Card Games by Teachers Clubhouse. I'm not entirely sure how I'm going to use them yet. I may use them as a choice during math centers. I might also have the students keep the games in their binders (as Amanda suggests in this blog post) for extra practice.

The last item I purchased was the Editable Desk Tags by The Brown Bag Teacher. I'm always looking for ways to streamline transitions. I do a ton of partner work, so I'm going to give this Kagan strategy a shot.

Link up with Blog Hoppin'!


Did you buy/create anything that you think would help me accelerate and really push my above level third graders? Leave me a comment so I can check it out!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Meghan! Thank you so much for the shout out! I hope you and your class have the happiest of new school years!! :) :)

    ReplyDelete