Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Greek and Latin Root Center

This product is truly a labor of love, and I am so looking forward to sharing it with you! I have been working on it all school year, adding to it as I've been using it. It is finally prepped and ready for all of you to check out!



This product includes root posters, vocabulary maps, worksheets, and flash cards for 37 of the most common Greek and Latin roots. It is meant to aid in introducing and enforcing a root per week in a mid/upper elementary classroom. This worked really well for me in an gifted/talented third grade classroom, so the target audience would probably be third through fifth grade. However, if you have a group of well above level learners in second grade, they would enjoy this, too. It can also be adapted for middle school review. The roots vary in difficulty, so you could give younger students the most common roots, such as aqua, multi, or phon. You don't have to go in alphabetical order, so you can go in any order that you think will work for your students!

Here is a closer look at what is included in the download.


Not pictured, but also included, is an editable document so that you may add additional roots that are not in the 37 that I included. I only tried to include roots that had 5-6 developmentally appropriate words that corresponded, but I'm sure there are more that you teach in your classroom!

Full disclosure, I'm SO sad that I won't be using this product next year due to accepting my new position as the school counselor. My kids l-o-v-e-d this center, and it really motivated them to break apart words to decipher their meanings. It also made them "feel like big kids!"

This product is on sale for 20% off for the time being. That is only $8 for a routine/center that will last you the ENTIRE year! Click one of the pictures or HERE to check it out. Let me know what you think if you download! I also put the rest of my store on sale, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment